Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Most Special Lady

My senior year of high school, I had the joy and privilege of getting to know one of the most amazing people I would probably ever meet. To me, a 17-year-old high school student, Whitney Taylor was simply one of the most joyful people I had ever met. She did pretty much everything with a smile on her face and the joy of the Lord in her heart. As I got to know her better over the years to follow, I saw that her life and everything about her pointed others to the joy of Christ. Whitney, even with the struggles she faced living with cerebral palsy, knew the meaning of trusting in the Lord far better than I did; probably far better than I do even now. It is with great sadness that I learned that her battle with an aggressive brain tumor is now complete, but it is with overwhelming joy that I rejoice in the fact that she is now dancing in the streets of Heaven. Whitney's life reflected Christ in so many ways, and she and her family have been such a blessing to so many people. Her favorite hymn, "It Is Well With My Soul," is both a challenge and an encouragement....

(Two of my favorite verses)
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.


Whatever my lot.... Whitney knew how to embrace that line. WHATEVER life gave her, it was well with her soul because of the precious Savior she loved so dearly. Thank you, Taylor family, for giving us the honor of knowing and loving Whitney.

It is well with my soul.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

How sweet, Janee. I don't even know her and I'm all teared up. I know she was a special person, and I'm so glad she's with Jesus now.