Sunday, March 7, 2010

This week...

This week was a long one...

Loss. Grief. Frustration. Watching "my" kids deal with emotions and make decisions I wish they'd never have to make. (Try listening to three 18 year olds try to decide what's appropriate to wear to a wake for one of their friends... NOT easy.) Questions. "Why does God...?"

This week was a challenging one...

(See above paragraph, plus...) Trying to be His light. Trying to point to His peace. Relying on Him for strength. Relying on Him for the words to say, or to know when to keep my mouth shut.

This week was full of decisions....

Go on as normal? Change plans? Talk? Stay quiet? Some decisions were well made. Others.... well, lets just say I wish I had a do-over.

This week was full GOOD...

Parker. "My" kids trusting Christ to be their strength. Pretty (no, gorgeous!) weather. The zoo. First crawfish of the year! First flip-flop day of the year. Learning new things about myself and about Him.

This week, I was....

Blessed. Challenged. Extremely emotional. (I mean, who cries watching Wizards of Waverly Place??) Tired. Strengthened. Sinus-y. Filled with His peace. Filled with His joy. Frustrated. Relieved. Loved. Blessed.

This week....

No comments: