Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Passion 2012

Back in 2003 I had the privilege of attending the Passion OneDay conference in Sherman, Texas. That seems like an eternity ago, but I still remember the profound impact it had on my life.

So naturally, I am THRILLED that my sister is at the Passion 2012 conference going on in Atlanta right now. Due to the wonders of technology, I have been able to watch some of the live stream and have been completely blown away. I want to share some of the "notes" I jotted down from Christine Caine this afternoon, on the subject of Passion's "Do Something Now" which is raising money for the fight against human trafficking (more about this in a future post.) I am mostly writing this post for myself, but I hope some of the truth in it will speak to someone else!

*When divine interruptions happen, lives are transformed.
*Jesus often interrupts our very normal, mundane moments in order to speak to us to transform our lives.
*The only thing that Jesus Christ went to the cross for was PEOPLE. (Luke 10:30)
*Compassion is never compassion until you cross the street and go... and do something now... until you get involved, until you allow yourself to be interrupted.
*Heaven was interrupted to send Jesus from Heaven to Earth for each one of us.
*If we are crippled and we are broken, then we can't help anybody else, but we who have been rescued have a responsibility to rescue lost and broken people. We have hope. His name is Jesus and that Jesus lives on the inside of us and he sends us to a lost and broken world to bring hope and restoration.
*We are saved. By grace. For a purpose. There are works that God prepared for us before we ever got to earth.
*Freedom is the goal of Christianity.
*As if somehow the purpose of life is to die safely! We don't need to fear what He defeated!
*IT IS FOR FREEDOM THAT CHRIST SET US FREE and we will stand on NOTHING LESS in our generation.
*Light works most effectively in the darkness. We just need to take the light that's inside of us to dispel the darkness...
IT IS FOR FREEDOM JESUS SET US FREE!

More coming on this subject; it's where my heart is right now.

1 comment:

Blessed Chick said...

Such wonderful truths. I needed to hear these things. I so wish I could be there at Passion and experience those incredible few days...may God move in a mighty way.