Friday, July 18, 2008

"Did you bring your t.v.?"

On Tuesday, I went up to Central to work in my classroom for a while. Mom and Carlee met me there. We did get SOME accomplished, but not quite as much as I'd hoped. I did snap a few pictures, which will be posted whenever I can remember to get them off the camera and on to the computer. We're cleaning out cabinets, desk drawers, etc. when Carlee asks, out of nowhere, "Janee, did you bring your t.v. from Zachary?" Of course, I did not, being that I didn't even HAVE a television in my room last year. Lo and behold, the television for Channel One in my CENTRAL classroom is barcoded from ZACHARY! There is a good reason- Zachary got rid of Channel One after the 2006-07 school year, so all of the Channel One t.v.'s were apparently moved to Central, who started the program this past school year.

(For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, Channel One is a nationally syndicated news broadcast schools can subscribe to, and part of the initiative is a t.v. in each classroom so this broadcast can be watched each morning.) Ironic, a little piece of Zachary will be with me at good ole "Dirty C."

Also on Tuesday, I had a wonderful "lunch date" with Sam and Sabrina, two of my "old" coworkers from ZHS. Sam will be there again, but Sabrina is going to be teaching at Southside Jr. in Denham. We had a great time at Olive Garden, then did THE most teacher-y thing possible- a field trip to School Aids. I love my teacher buddies, and will miss seeing my ZHS friends each day.

No comments: