Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Tough One

There's been a lot going on the last few days. My extended family has been faced with a tragedy that is unimaginable. It is one of those situations that truly makes no sense in the world, and probably never will, so there's not much good rehashing it all here. I have really struggled with not having answers to any of the million questions running through my mind.

But I'm learning something about God. He doesn't always give us the answers. Doesn't do it because He doesn't have to. He's God, he's in control, and he's big enough to handle it without my help, or even my understanding. I don't have to know the answer to "why?". I simply need to know that He is God.

In the midst of all of this, God has also reminded me about His grace. He offers it to every single one of us, no matter what we do. No matter how "good" we are, we need his grace. No matter how "bad" the things we do, he still gives us his grace. But he also calls us to love as he has loved. To serve as he served. It's hard to keep that in perspective sometimes, but I think we must-- we must love. We must serve. We must extend grace. We must trust. We must NOT always understand.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Commenting to your post: You're right, all we really need to know or understand is that He is God, He is on His throne and we don't have to understand. Something I wish I would fully grasp sometimes. Praying for your family and for you during this time...

Commenting to the comment you left on my post: You are one of the many women who have tried preparing me for the "don't do the party dance if you are dilating", because many women have gone til the end being dilated lol. Thank you for preparing me best you can! I will keep you posted on what happens and of course I will post on the baby's site. :o)