Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History Today

The God in control yesterday is still in control today.  He was not elected and He cannot be dethroned!  

That statement came from a respected friend's Facebook status, posted this morning.  How true those words are.  Regardless of my opinions and viewpoints, God knew the results of the election before the first vote was ever even cast.  His plans are much greater than mine, and HE is in control.  Far be it from me to question or doubt His divine wisdom.

Regardless of my political preference, or my candidate choice, or my thoughts on things, I serve a great God who promises to "cause all things to work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) I think these things are something that we all need to keep in perspective, whether we supported Obama, McCain, or another candidate altogether.

As for me, I will respect the authority God has put before me, and I will trust Him, because He is the King of Kings.

No comments: