1. My children are a gift from God and should be considered a blessing!
-James 1:16-18; Psalm 127
2. I am called by God to raise my children!
3. I have been given everything I need to do this... I just have to use it!
-2 Peter 1:3
4. My labor, no matter how seemingly tedious and fruitless, is not in vain!
-1 Corinthians 15:58; Proverbs 22:6
5. Even when I'm weary, His empowerment is available!
-2 Corinthians 9:8; Jude 24-25
6. I cannot do this apart from Him.
I'm trying to encourage myself in these things. Even though Parker isn't really at the age where I have to discipline her a WHOLE lot (I mean, yes, we do get timeouts for throwing dog food or climbing on Jackson's kennel in an attempt to get on the kitchen counter), I know that it is never to early to start preparing MY heart for the "tougher" parenting as she grows and develops her personality even more. I can't wait to see what God teaches me through this study and the women who are walking through it with me!