Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prom

I still *distinctly* remember several details of my junior Prom. The weather was horrible! Think rain that flooded streets, power outages all over the city, wind so bad that an umbrella was useless....

But I loved my dress. I had fun with my date. It was a great memory.


Senior Prom- equally fun. One of those "lasts" of high school. To say that I was obsessed with my dress would probably be the understatement of the century.


Fast forward what feels like about 20 years. Not really, but it certainly FEELS like forever.
CHS Prom 2010. Prom from a TOTALLY different perspective.

Somehow, as a teacher, it's more "scary" than "glamorous."
I don't know that I will ever let Parker go to Prom.
Scratch that, she can go, but I'll still be chaperoning.
And the after party will be at my house.
Where they can have as much sweet tea or Dr. Pepper as they want.

Here are a few highlights....

Dawn, me, and Shannon... my sweet friends!
Beautiful Heather and I
Precious Jenna! I've known her since she was a tiny little girl!
Sweet Mark
Two of my former Zachary girls were there! I taught them as freshmen! And now they're graduating!! (Have I really been teaching long enough for that??!)
I don't know what I'd do without Abby at work!
Brandon brought Alyssa! I LOVE this pic of them!
Me with sweet Lys
Oh, Cooper! :)
Beautiful Dylan
My "little brother".... can't believe he's graduating
William..


All in all, it was a good night. I don't know that I've ever prayed quite so much for my students. But they are great kids, and I love my job because of them!

1 comment:

Amber said...

You look so cute! The dress and shoes look great together and it screams FUN! Looks like you did have fun! :o)

PS. - YOU better still teach there when Addison goes as well... ;o)